The University of Queensland is inviting applications for international scholarships in Science for the academic year 2017– 2018. Scholarships are available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs at UQ.
The University of Queensland, UQ, is an Australian research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. UQ is a sandstone university consistently ranked among the top in all international university rankings.
Applicants must have at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework programs.
Study Subject: Scholarships are tenable in science at the University of Queensland.
Scholarship Award: Two different scholarships are available:
- The Full Degree Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in year one of a UQ Faculty of Science full degree program and is a single payment of AU$10,000
- The Advanced Standing Scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation), for example on the basis of the previous study at a Polytechnic, and is a single payment of AU$3,000.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for a UQ science international scholarships, applicants must:
- Be classified as an international student in Australia
- Have an unconditional or a conditional offer (with all conditions met by the scholarship closing date) from UQ.
- For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96 or higher.
- For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a 7-point scale.
- Not have already commenced your studies at UQ, even if you seek a change of program.
- Not simultaneously hold another scholarship.
- For the full degree scholarships: be an international student enrolling in year one of a UQ faculty of Science full degree program.
- For the advanced standing scholarships: be an international student enrolling in a UQ Faculty of Science program with advanced standing (credit articulation)
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.